Rapid Ascent COVID-19 (Coronavirus) statement – issued 3rd April, 2020. >> CLICK HERE <<
17-3-20 NOTE: We are proceeding with the launch of the 2020 Surf Coast Century in the belief that the Coronavirus situation may be better understood and under control by the time the event is conducted in 6 months’ time.
We considered delaying, but launching the event now gives people something to look forward to, provides an outlet for their energy and a good excuse for some long training runs given the social distancing this involves.
We will continue to monitor the Coronavirus very closely and provide important event updates via Facebook and E-mail. If the 2020 Surf Coast Century needs to be cancelled we will endeavor to reschedule the event or provide a refund minus administration costs.
19 September 2020
Entries NOW open 17 March, 12:00 (AEDT)
The Surf Coast Century presented by MINI Countryman is a spectacular 50km and 100km ultra marathon traversing Victoria’s Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road.
Both the 100KM and 50KM formats take runners on an extraordinary journey along towering sea cliffs, remote beaches, wildflower hinterland and spiraling single track. No two steps are the same on this epic ultra marathon run.
The event is a must-do for experienced ultra-runners (the course is fast!), but also has a great reputation for those tackling their first ultra marathon. The accessible course, professional support services, easy logistics (start and finish in Anglesea) and incredible aura generated by supporters, runners and officials makes the Surf Coast Century not to be missed!
- 100km solo ultra marathon
- 50km solo ultra marathon
- 100km relay (teams of 2, 3 or 4)
- Saturday 19 September 2020
- Start/Finish in Anglesea (Great Ocean Road), Victoria
Entries – NOW OPEN
- From first-time ultra marathoners to elite runners. Aspiring runners and adventurers of all abilities are welcome to enter.
- Runners seeking UTMB points!
What’s NEW for 2020
- Athlete Recovery Zone at the finish line area
- Celebration Sunday with range of rest + recovery activities
- Steigen Socks for 100km solo entrants
- Presentation format at Anglesea Surf Lifesaving Club
- $2000 for a record breaking team
- Strava training club and Facebook group
- NEW Challenge set for the Concrete Shoe Award
A must-do for any trail runner, whether it’s your first or your fiftieth! A beautiful and unique part of the world you would otherwise never get to experience. – (Kai, 2019 Participant)
“My Surf Coast Century experience will stay with me for life! One of the most challenging, yet eye-opening experiences I have ever encountered. From other runners, support crews, volunteers, it felt like family out on course and cant wait to do it all again!” (Anonymous competitor 2018)
The Surf Coast Century presented by MINI Countryman is included on Ultra 168’s list of 10 Essential Australian And New Zealand Ultramarathons and is widely referred to as a ‘must-do’ race on the Australian running calendar.