26 November UPDATE: We have finally received guidance from State Government on our COVID-event plan and with the easing of restrictions across the state we can confirm some major changes (for the better) to the format for the 2020 event.
SUMMARY OF CHANGES: (but please read the Event Program for full details)
- Solo 100km and 50km runners can have 1 support person
- Teammates can act as support crew for their team runner
- Wave starts will now be 2min apart – meaning a bigger atmosphere at the start. FIND YOUR WAVE START TIME >>HERE<<
- More spectators can watch you at the start – and celebrate with you at the finish!
- The Bar is back! – Bells Beach Brewing , plus COFFEE at the finish line area!
These changes, and the final event format, are all explained in detail in the EVENT PROGRAM and we urge all event attendees to read the program before attending. The details in the Event Program supersede all previous event plans we have shared.
- CLICK HERE to view the program online on Issuu
- CLICK HERE to download (and print) a PDF copy to your computer / device.
We are more excited than ever about the conduct of the 2020 and look forward to welcoming you all to the Surf Coast soon.
5 – 6 December 2020
The Surf Coast Century presented by MINI is a spectacular 50km and 100km ultra marathon traversing Victoria’s Surf Coast and Great Ocean Road.
Both the 100KM and 50KM formats take runners on an extraordinary journey along towering sea cliffs, remote beaches, wildflower hinterland and spiraling single track. No two steps are the same on this epic ultra marathon run.
The event is a must-do for experienced ultra-runners (the course is fast!), but also has a great reputation for those tackling their first ultra marathon. The accessible course, professional support services, easy logistics (start and finish in Anglesea) and incredible aura generated by supporters, runners and officials makes the Surf Coast Century not to be missed!
- 100km solo ultra marathon
- 50km solo ultra marathon
- 100km relay (teams of 2, 3 or 4)
- Saturday 5 – Sunday 6 December 2020
- Start / Finish in Anglesea (Great Ocean Road), Victoria
Entries – NOW OPEN
- From first-time ultra marathoners to elite runners. Aspiring runners and adventurers of all abilities are welcome to enter.
- Runners seeking UTMB points!
A must-do for any trail runner, whether it’s your first or your fiftieth! A beautiful and unique part of the world you would otherwise never get to experience. – (Kai, 2019 Participant)
“My Surf Coast Century experience will stay with me for life! One of the most challenging, yet eye-opening experiences I have ever encountered. From other runners, support crews, volunteers, it felt like family out on course and cant wait to do it all again!” (Anonymous competitor 2018)
The Surf Coast Century presented by MINI is included on Ultra 168’s list of 10 Essential Australian And New Zealand Ultramarathons and is widely referred to as a ‘must-do’ race on the Australian running calendar.