ANGLESEA, ON THE GREAT OCEAN ROAD
Known for its friendly swimming, and world class surf beaches, its kangaroos, the relaxed way of life and its connection to the natural landscape around it – Anglesea is the perfect place for any outdoor experience.
The Great Otway National Park basically surrounds the township – almost penetrating into the leafy streets at times, and in conjunction with the Anglesea Heath is a terrific natural backdrop to the township and the trail running races around it.
Surf Coast Visitor Centres are the best place to start planning your journey, located in Torquay, Anglesea, Lorne and Winchelsea. The two accredited centres located in Torquay and Lorne are open 9.00am to 5.00pm seven days a week (except Christmas Day). Trained staff and volunteers will provide detailed visitor information to ensure you get the most out of your Surf Coast adventure.
Drop into a Visitor Centre (open 9am to 5pm 7 days a week, except Christmas day), call 1300 891 152 or go to www.exploresurf.com.au
Things to See and Do
Discover Anglesea and the Surf Coast region with Explore Surf Coast, head over to www.exploresurfcoast.com to find out where to eat, drink and stay whilst visiting.
Great Ocean Road Real Estate – short term holiday rentals
Great Ocean Road Holidays has over 1,000 properties along the west coast of Victoria!
Our holiday accommodation arm has the largest volume of bookings in the southern hemisphere! If you’re looking to stay in Anglesea, Aireys Inlet, Lorne or Apollo Bay, we have an abundance of great properties for you to choose from. Give us a call or go straight to our website.
As an added bonus to all Surf Coast Century runners we’re offering a 4:00pm LATE CHECKOUT on race weekend so you can sleep in and relax after comleting your most awesome run!
We look forward to seeing you on the coast. http://www.greatoceanroadholidays.com.au/
Great Ocean Road Resort – official accommodation partner
Adventure starts with a good night’s sleep. Take a deep breath and fill your soul full of rejuvenating sea air. The Great Ocean Road Resort is across the road from the Surf Coast Century event venue – just walk towards the beach and there’s the start and finish lines!
Studio Rooms, Spa Suites, Twin Rooms, One / Two Bedroom Apartment options, with all rooms featuring a kitchenette or kitchen. The resort also offers free onsite parking, Coast Restaurant, gym, pool, steam room, spa, tennis courts, kids entertainment plus more!
Rooms available race weekend – just mention the Surf Coast Century! Get in quick, as we do sell out early!
Other accommodation options
- Surf Coast Rentals: a large holiday accommodation provider offering up to 450 properties along Torquay, Jan Juc, Anglesea and Point Roadknight area. www.surfcoastrentals.com.au
- Home Away Holiday Ideas – up to 100 properties in Anglesea
- Torquay Caravan Park
More things to do and see
Enjoy the natural beauty and stunning coastal views where the bush meets the sea.
- Swim, paddle, ride or play on the Anglesea River
- Spot kangaroos at Anglesea Golf Course o rdo a ‘roo tour’ on the fairways
- Enjoy cliff top views from the Surf Coast Walk
- Relax with a great coffee and delicious bite to eat then check out the retail shops
- Harness your pedal power for a mountain bike adventure on Eumerella bike trails or Anglesea bike park/Mountain Cross Track
- Explore Coogarah Park and play on the popular shipwreck playground.
- Bag the ultimate surf gear at Australia’s largest retail surf precinct and catch up on surf culture at Australian National Surfing Museum, Surf City, Torquay
- Visit Surf Coast Images Gallery in Torquay for a stunning range of large format panoramas produced as murals and contemporary photograpy. www.surfcoastimages.com.au
- Drive the famous Great Ocean Road and discover the Great Ocean Road Story at Lorne Visitor Centre
- Tour the Split Point Lighthouse at Aireys Inlet for breathtaking 360o cliff top views
- Sample some of the region’s highly regarded cool climate wines at Brown Magpie Wines and Bellbrae Estate.
Offering natural beauty and easy access, the 44km Surf Coast Walk lets you relax and enjoy a world-class walking destination at your own pace. For maps or further information go to www.surfcoastwalk.com.au