The 2022 Surf Coast Century is partnered with 3 incredible organisations:
Bethany Community Support
By taking part in the Surf Coast Century this year, you can also make your run count, by raising funds to help support women escaping family violence.
Get the work team back together, make your run count and enter the Corporate Teams category or select to raise funds for them as you tackle the course Solo. You’ll experience an awesome, fun day out whilst supporting a great cause.
Did you know that one in four women have experienced family violence in our community? The statistics surrounding family violence are alarming.
- On average, one woman a week is murdered by her current or former partner
- 1 in 4 women have experienced physical, emotional or sexual violence by a current or former intimate partner since age 15
- 1 in 2 women have experienced sexual harassment in their lifetime
This year, the Surf Coast Century is partnering with local Geelong community support organisation, Bethany, to raise funds to help support women and children who have experienced family violence.
By deciding to run for Bethany, you are not only investing in your own physical health and well-being, but you’re also changing someone else’s life. It’s a win-win situation.
Every dollar that is fundraised will help support vulnerable children, families and individuals in our community.
Who is Bethany?
Bethany Community Support is an independent, not-for-profit community support organisation that has provided support services for women, men, children and families living in the Barwon and Western regions of Victoria for more than 151 years.
With more than 40 different support programs, Bethany relies on program partners, sponsors, donors and philanthropic support to continue to adapt, enhance and increase their services.
The core of Bethany’s purpose is working towards:
- a community where all children grow strong, resilient and have a sense of identity
- a community that is free from the impacts of family violence and
- a community that is inclusive, diverse and welcoming for everyone to participate and connect.
You can help us achieve this by being a part of supporting your community. Register now, and make your run count.
You can support Bethany by registering a Corporate Team in the Surf Coast Century, just select the Corporate Teams category – when you register. Or, register your interest in becoming a community fundraiser here, or you can make a one-off donation here.
Enter a Corporate Team
Enter the Surf Coast Century as a Corporate Relay teams of 2, 3 or 4, commit to raising $1000 for Bethany, and receive the following benefits of entering as a corporate team:
- A perpetual trophy for the fastest corporate team and highest fundraisers
- Training Guide to help your team reach 100km
- Fundraising support from the Bethany team to help you meet your fundraising goals
- Special Corporate teams gift
- Corporate teams branded race plate
- Option to have your companies branded marquee in the corporate area of the event village
- Access to videography and photography from the day
- Team Volunteering Opportunities
- Easy registration process, directly with the Rapid Ascent team
- LinkedIn and Social media mentions
Friends of the Eastern Otways
The Friends of the Eastern Otways share a passion for conserving and appreciating this special part of Victoria, by protecting and maintaining the local fauna and flora.
The Friends of the Eastern Otways is an organisation committed to protecting the Great Otway National Park for all to appreciate and enjoy, working in partnership with Parks Victoria and DELWP. It’s members share an interest in the natural environment and volunteer their time to help improve the area in whatever way they can.
Examples of their environmental activities include:
- Protecting flora and fauna and maintaining and enriching biodiversity through removal of environmental weeds.
- Developing awareness and educating the community about the environmental values of the Great Otway National Park.
The Friends’ have extensive knowledge of the environment that the participants in the Surf Coast Century will be running through. Each plant species has a name, each different bird call can be learned!
Visit their website to learn more: www.feo.org.au
How the Surf Coast Century is helping in 2022
Rapid Ascent highly values the natural environment where we run, walk and live. We want to increase our conservation and understanding of the unique landscape we race through and the animals and plants that live here. Through our partnership with The Friends will prepare and distribute information about the natural inhabitants of the area to add greater depth to runners’ experiences on race day.
As an added part of our commitment to environmental preservation and sustainability we have made the decision to reduce the amount of event merchandise we provide at our events.
At the 2022 Surf Coast Century we are aiming to reduce our consumption of resources and waste going to landfill.
Therefore, in lieu of all competitors receiving a t-shirt as part of your entry fee, Rapid Ascent will be making a cash donation of $5,000 to $10,000 to The Friends of the Eastern Otways. We know many event shirts are never worn, and many end up in landfill – this has to stop!
Read more about the now-optional Event T-Shirt HERE
One in Five
This is ONE IN FIVE’s story….
Rpaid Ascent also have a long standing relatonship with One in Five.
One in Five Australians are suffering from a mental illness. ONE IN FIVE wants to find cures for mental illness. We want to turn One into None.
One in five is different from all other mental health charities. We are the only ones that are 100% dedicated to raising funds for medical research. We believe research is the key to finding the answers, discovering better treatments and hopefully unlocking cures. As such, 95% of all funds raised go directly to our research partners. We are proud to support leading Australian mental illness experts at the Florey Institute of Neuroscience and Mental Health and Monash Health.