The final EVENT PROGRAM for Surf Coast Century is now available and is essential reading for all runners with schedule, course details, support crew info and more. READ IT HERE.
Scroll down or click the index below for Surf Coast Century entry information. If you have any queries, please contact the Rapid Ascent office via phone: 03 5261 5511 or email [email protected]
Entry level timeframe
|Early bird||Entries received before 8:00am, Friday the 29th of March 2019|
|Base entry||Entries received between 8:00am, Friday the 29th of March and 5:00pm, Friday 9th August 2019|
|Late entry||Entries received between 5:00pm Friday 9th August and Saturday 21st September 2019|
|Online Entries close||8:00am, Tuesday 17th September 2019|
|Category||Early Bird||Base Entry||Late Entry|
|100km Junior Un/18||$269||$287||$322|
|50km Junior Un/18||$173||$191||$226|
|1.9km Kids Run (Sunday)||$8||$8||$8|
|Category||Early Bird||Base Entry||Late Entry|
|2 person relay team||$419||$442||$486|
|Junior team of 2 Un/18||$336||$353||$388|
|3 person relay team||$432||$454||$497|
|Junior team of 3 Un/18||$344||$361||$397|
|4 person relay team||$440||$462||$505|
|Junior team of 4 Un/18||$352||$369||$405|
Kids Run 1.9km – $8
Enter online prior to 8:00am Tuesday 17th September or you can enter at race registration. To register on the day, please attend the registration marquee between 9:00 – 10:30am on Sunday the 16th September.
Kids run entrants receive a race plate, ribbon and fruit at the finish line.
UTMB qualifying race
The 100km Surf Coast Century individual race is registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) as an official qualifying race for the UTM with a value of 2 points / 4 new points. For further information on UTMB click here.
Western States Endurance Run Qualifying Race
Runners who finish the Surf Coast Century 100km course as a solo runner under 16hrs may use their result as their qualifying race for the Western States Endurance Run (100 mile) ballot.
Surfcoast Century is the ideal event to attend with a bunch of trail running buddies as a social adventure together. As such we are happy to provide a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more solo 50km/100km runners. Please visit our Group Entries page for more information.
Runners entering the Surf Coast Century will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- High performance technical event t-shirt (seperate 100km / 50km t-shirts) (2019 pictured right)
- Branded soft flask (100km individuals only)
- $50 consultation voucher courtesy of Torquay Sports Medicine (sent in your confirmation email)
- Access to the significant amounts of food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher steins for 100km runners finishing under 12hrs (1lt) or 16hrs (500ml)
- Finisher medal – for 100km individuals finishing after 16hrs, 50km individuals and all relay team members
- Access to all training information, free training runs and info sessions
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
- Optional Personal Accident Insurance
Kids Run participants will receive:
- Number plate
- Finisher Ribbon
- Fruit at finish line
All entrants in the 100km and 50km events will receive an official Surf Coast Century technical fabric running shirt. Please see a sizing chart HERE.
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required. As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Surf Coast Century:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do one leg of the Surf Coast Century (i.e. min 23km), Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website here). Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up (suggest the Salomon Trail Running Series long course events)
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete in the either the 50km or 100km Surf Coast Century as a solo runner, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Complete a training run of at least 5hrs in length within 3 months of the race – preferably off road. (50km requirement is to complete a training run of at least 4hrs in length within 2 months of the race)
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website). Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event. (50km requirement is a 10 week training program that meets our expectations)
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 100km (or 50km) event solo
- A support crew who can assist them during the entire event. We recommend that a mature age adult run with them for at least the last 50km of the race. (There is no requirement for a support runner for the 50km solo race)
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 100km (or 50km).
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Surf Coast Century calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering.
Final Event Details
The 2019 event app will be available for download 10 days prior to the event. We’ll let you know when it’s ready to go! The app contains all the important pre-event information plus athlete tracking, results, live event feed and plenty more. You can download the 2019 app from your app store if you search Surf Coast Century.
|Written notification prior to 8:00am, Friday 30th August 2019|
|Credit – Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 15% administration fee|
|Refund – A refund will be offered, less a 20% administration fee (max fee $50)|
|Notification after 8:00am, Friday 30th August 2019|
|Credit – No credit will be issued|
|Refund – No refund will be issued|
Refunds must be requested in writing via [email protected]
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 8:00 Tuesday 17 September 2019.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a higher entry fee event to a lower entry fee event before 8:00 Tuesday 17 September. In this case, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to 8:00am Tuesday 17 September 2019 for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry changes requested at race registration will incur a $10 fee.
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date due to extreme climatic conditions, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavour to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee.
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.