The EVENT PROGRAM for 2020 Surf Coast Century is essential reading for all event attendees as it explains the event’s format with COVID-safe plans, event schedule, course details, maps and more. READ IT HERE.
The details in the Event Program supersedes all previous event plans we have shared and is the confirmed format for the event (bar a disaster!).
Scroll down or click the index below for entry information. If you have any queries, please contact the Rapid Ascent office via phone: 03 5261 5511 or email [email protected]
Individual entry fees
|Category||Standard Entry||Late Entry||On-the-Day|
|100km Junior Un/18||$295||$331||$351|
|50km Junior Un/18||$197||$233||$253|
|2.5km Kids Run (Sunday)||–||–||–|
Team Entry fees
|Category||Standard Entry||Late Entry||On-the-Day|
|2 person relay team||$455||$501||$521|
|Junior team of 2 Un/18||$363||$399||$419|
|3 person relay team||$467||$511||$531|
|Junior team of 3 Un/18||$371||$408||$428|
|4 person relay team||$476||$520||$540|
|Junior team of 4 Un/18||$380||$417||$437|
Entry fee timeframe
|Standard Entry||Entries received between 12:00pm AEDT, Tuesday the 17th of March and 8:00am AEDT, Monday 2nd November|
|Late Entry||Entries received between 8:00am AEDT, Monday 2nd November and 8:00am AEDT, Tuesday 1 December 2020|
|On-the-day||Entries received at race registration from 3:00pm AEDT, Friday 4 December 2020|
|Online Entries close||8:00am AEDT, Tuesday 1 December 2020|
Surf Coast Century presented by MINI Countryman is the ideal event to attend with a bunch of trail running buddies as a social adventure together. We have a range of entry benefits for groups of 3 or more SOLO 50km/100km runners. Visit our GROUP page for details.
Runners entering the Surf Coast Century presented by MINI Countryman will receive the following as part of their entry fee:
- Steigen Socks with custom Surf Coast Century logo (*late team entries will receive choice of soft flask, head buff, trucker cap or run cap)
- A pair of La Sportiva sunglasses (Solo 100km and 50km runners only)
- Access to the significant amounts of food and beverages available from the Race Kitchens and Water Points located around the course
- Finisher steins for 100km runners finishing under 12hrs (1lt) or 16hrs (500ml)
- Finisher medal – for 100km individuals finishing after 16hrs, 50km individuals and all relay team members
- Access to all training information, free training runs and info sessions
- Fully marked, marshalled course
- Professional medical support on course
- Professional electronic timing and results
- Event photographer along the course to capture your finest moments
- Opportunity to win a random prizes at the presentations after the race
- NOTE: due to COVID-19, and the short timeframe in which the event was confirmed and unknown competitor numbers we are unable to provide a 2020 t-shirt; however each solo entrant will receive a shirt from a previous year.
UTMB Qualifying Race
The 50km and 100km Surf Coast Century presented by The MINI Countryman individual races are registered with the International Trail Running Association (ITRA) as an official qualifying race for the UTM.
50km solo = 2 points
100km solo = 4 points
For further information on UTMB click here.
Western States Endurance Run Qualifying Race
Runners who finish the Surf Coast Century 100km course as a solo runner under 16hrs may use their result as their qualifying race for the Western States Endurance Run (100 mile) ballot in 2022.
As so many races have been cancelled this year, the qualifying period for the 2022 Western States has been expanded to two years instead of the usual one year. As a result, the December 5, 2020 Surf Coast Century will now also be a qualifying race for the 2022 Western States – and not the 2021 Western States as originally planned. Competitors in the cancelled 2020 Western States 100 were all rolled forward and entered into the 2021 Western States, as such there is no ballot for the 2021 race.
Rapid Ascent believes junior runners should be given the opportunity to compete in challenging adventure sports events so long as they have sufficient experience, the appropriate framework is in place on race day and the necessary support on hand to help if required. As such, Rapid Ascent has placed the following guidelines and requirements on competitors under the age of 18yrs in the Surf Coast Century:
For under 18yrs runners wanting to do one leg of the Surf Coast Century (i.e. min 23km), Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Run at least 20km in less than 3hrs within 6 weeks of the race – preferably off road
- Completed training program lasting at least 8 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website here). Training program and diary to be submitted to Rapid Ascent for approval no later than seven days before the event
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up (suggest the Salomon Trail Running Series long course events)
For under 18yrs runners wanting to compete in the either the 50km or 100km Surf Coast Century as a solo runner, Rapid Ascent requires that the participant provides evidence that they have:
- Complete a training run of at least 5hrs in length within 3 months of the race – preferably off road. (50km requirement is to complete a training run of at least 4hrs in length within 2 months of the race)
- Complete a training program lasting at least 12 weeks that meets our expectations (roughly similar to the training program on our website). Training program and diary to be supplied for approval no later than seven days before the event. (50km requirement is a 10 week training program that meets our expectations)
- Participated in at least 2 trail running races between 10km and 20km in the 2 months leading up to the event
- Submitted a hydration and nutrition plan for what they will consume during the race, along with safeguard measures to ensure that it is followed during the race
- Supplied a doctors certificate saying that they are have no known medical conditions that should limit them from tackling and completing the 100km (or 50km) event solo
- Rapid Ascent has spoken with the participant and their parents to discuss what is involved with running 100km (or 50km).
We ask that any under-age runner wanting to participant in the Surf Coast Century calls us to discuss their intentions and these requirements prior to entering.
Refund Policy – Extended
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws prior to 12 midday AEDST on Thursday 12th November they have the option of a credit or refund:
- Credit – Credit towards another Rapid Ascent event – less a 15% administration fee
- Refund – A refund will be offered, less a 20% administration fee (max fee $50)
If a competitor voluntarily withdraws after 12 midday AEDST on Thursday 12th November they:
- Credit – no credit will be issued.
- Refund – no refund will be offered
Refunds must be requested in writing via [email protected]
Transfer Policy – revised
- An individual or team may transfer their entry to another individual for a $15 transfer fee prior to 12 midday AEDST on Thursday 12th November
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from 100km to 50km before 12 midday AEDST, Thursday 12th November 2020 and receive a refund of the difference in entry fee, less a $15 transfer fee. If changing after this date, the difference between the two entry fees will not be refunded/credited.
- Providing there are spaces available, a runner may transfer from a lower entry fee event to a higher entry fee event up to 12 midday AEDST, Thursday 12th November 2020 for the cost of the increase in entry fee only – no admin fee will be charged. Any entry changes requested after this date will incur a $15 fee.
What do I do if the Victorian border is still closed / or I can’t get back to my home state when the event is on. Am I forced to withdraw and what refund do I get?
Yes, there are two options for withdrawing:
1 – VOLUNTARY WITHDRAWAL – If you wish to withdraw (eg, due to injury…) prior to 12 midday AEDST, Thursday 12th November 2020 , you have the option of receiving a credit (less 15% admin fee, capped at $50) or a refund (less 20% admin fee – max fee $50)- as per Refund Policy above.
2 – FORCED WITHDRAWAL – Based on information available at 12 midday AEDST Tuesday 24th November 2020 – if Victorian border control and/or the border control in your home state / country restrict you from participating in the event (i.e. the state borders are closed and you’d need to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival), THEN you are eligible for an entry credit or a refund less a $20 admin fee (to cover bank fees, transaction costs and our time).
Please contact [email protected] to make arrangements.
- If the event is deemed unsafe or unable to be held on the proposed date, the following steps shall be followed:
- Rapid Ascent will endeavor to reschedule the event to another date with all entries carrying over to the new date
- If you are unable to attend the newly proposed date no refunds will be made
- If the event cannot be rescheduled for any reason, Rapid Ascent will refund your entry fee, less an administration fee (see above).
- In all other circumstances it should be assumed that the event is still going ahead UNLESS otherwise stated
- Rapid Ascent reserves the right to alter or amend the originally proposed course(s) from that which was published on the event website for any reason
- Advice of any event postponement or change will be made on the front page of the event website as early as possible before the event, and will be posted to the official race notice board at the registration marquee.