You can win!
We will run a range of competitions leading up to race day in September! All competition details will be posted to this page so you can get be part of it. If you have any questions please contact the Rapid Ascent office on 03) 5261 5511.
$2000 CASH for a record breaking team
We’ve seen the elusive 8-hour 100km barrier broken by a 100km solo runner, with Ash Watson running an incredible 7:57:09 in 2019. So we lay down the challenge…
Can a relay team break the 7 hour 100km barrier?
The first and fastest relay team of 2, 3 or 4 people to go under 7 hours for the 100km Surf Coast Century will receive $2,000 cash!*
We believe it can be broken… 2015 and 2017 were just 15 minutes over; with most winning teams being of 2 participants in recent years. Who’s up for the challenge? How fast can you go?
Relay Team Results from the past 5 years:
- 2019 – 7:49:00 – The Happy Runner Torquay (Team of 4)
- 2018 – 8:15:54 – Lick the Stamp (Team of 2)
- 2017 – 7:15:51 – The Humble Servents of Bosco and Walter (Team of 2) – 4:21min pace!
- 2016 – 7:49:40 – Angus^2 (Team of 2) – 4:41min pace!
- 2015 – 7:15:41 – Love the Run (Team of 4) – 4:21min pace!
*If more than one team goes under 7 hours, the $2,000 cash goes to the fastest overall team time under 7 hours.
So come on elite runners and super teams – we’ve got $2,000 waiting for you!
MORE COMPETITIONS COMING SOON!